Sunday, March 25, 2012

This Little Piggy Went to Market

I have been making an effort in the past few months to go to the local OB farmer's market which happens every Wednesday. Luckily traffic on the way home from work has cooperated and made it possible for me to hit the gym quickly before slipping over to the market as it winds down. This probably isn't the best strategy and I should do it in opposite order (as the gym is always open and not going anywhere), but it is less backtracking this way. 

Here are some instagramed up photos of things I got a couple weeks ago. I didn't get anything this last week and just enjoyed walking around with friends, the sights and sounds. 

Oh, and I wanted to mention that I am a big proponent of buying local and the farmer's market is a great way to support local businesses and farmers. BUT it is important to note that buying local is much more than just getting things at the farmer's market. I try to support local farmers etc when I buy at grocery stores etc. Be conscious of where your milk is coming from and all that - happy cows come from California! Even though it is coming from a bigger store, you can do your little bit by buying produce, dairy etc from California (or wherever you are from) producers first (maybe they aren't hyper local, but more local than the milk from Cincinnati that I saw this weekend). 

These cost a few bucks and a smile.

Super delicious and made with local ingredients

Okay, so this next one isn't from the farmer's market but I did get it while I was walking back to my apartment. It is an amazing ale - slightly sour but not over powering. I have since had the Rodenbach Grand Cru and it was also AMAZING. Loving these.
yum yum yum

No comments: