Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gimme Pizza

As I mentioned, I recently bought the fixings for pizza. I didn't really put two and two together until very recently that my pizza inspiration was probably directly influenced by Matt Stopera's coverage of the International Pizza Expo for BuzzFeed. 

Anyways... here is what I did:

First, I followed the instructions on the Fresh & Easy brand whole wheat pasta dough package to roll it out and prep it for topping goodness.


Then I topped the dough with yummy things. My pizza had the following: tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella, shallots (thinly sliced), tomato slices, baby spinach, prosciutto, oregano, salt & pepper.


Then I brushed the crust with olive oil and cooked it according to the package instructions. It turned out pretty great.


Obviously, the next step was to slice and eat my delicious pizza. I put grated parmesan & red pepper flakes. It was terrific.


This is the second time I have used this dough and my only complaint is that it didn't keep so well. Well, the first time I tried this dough was with other people and we ate the whole thing so I don't actually have evidence to support this being a permanent problem. I do believe that the pizza not being so good leftover was caused in part by the extra moisture caused by my ingredients (tomatoes were very juicy and the mozzarella was moist too). Despite this, I will definitely be making pizza this way again. It was really fun to do and I am excited to try other ingredients. Go try making your own pizza and let me know in the comments what fun topping combos you come up with!

No comments: