Sunday, March 25, 2012

Egg Onion Rings

My momma was in town this weekend. We went to the World Famous San Diego Zoo on Saturday and I will post about that later, but I wanted to share the breakfast I made this morning for us.

I was inspired to make this after having good success making eggs in avocados. I attempted eggs in onion rings. To make these I first lightly browned one ring of onion then flipped it over and put in the egg. The eggs didn't cook as well as I wanted them to so I ended up flipping them over to finish them off. In the end, I really liked the way it turned out.

I served the eggs with bacon (made in the oven, of course). This didn't turn out so well - the pack of bacon I had was really fatty and it didn't crisp up very well at all. And I finished the meal off with whole wheat toast.

I broke the yolk for my mom.

obviously I jumped the gun and took a bite before the photo, hah!


No comments: