Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm Lovin' It: At Home McMuffins

Before heading out of a long hike (which I'll write a post on later), I decided to make some imitation Egg McMuffins for the gang. 

I tried out a new technique for making the eggs. I cooked them in muffin tins in the oven. This was extremely easy. Basically all you have to do is grease the pan with cooking spray, plop the egg in (breaking the yolk if desired - I did since McDonald's does too) and bake. I sprinkled a little salt and pepper on the top of each one before throwing them in the oven. 

easy like Sunday morning

The only downside is that a regular muffin tin ends up making the eggs a little too small for an english muffin. So I skirted this problem by breaking each egg a little so it covered the surface area of the english muffin.

y u so small?

hulk smash!

To finish off the McFakeMuffins, I put one strip of bacon (made in oven) and a cheese slice. I used whole wheat english muffins, low sodium bacon and 2% milk cheese slices. They turned out really well. Next time I will make them with turkey sausage patties.

suck it, Micky Ds

No comments: