Sunday, January 15, 2012

You Had Me At Bacon...

I was up early this morning so I decided to be ambitious and make a fancy breakfast for myself. I was inspired by this post to try two things - one, baking bacon and two, making it into heart shapes. 

Baking bacon is the smartest thing on the planet. Here is what to do: 
  1. Line a baking sheet with foil.
  2. Arrange bacon on foil lined sheet. Put into cold oven.
  3. Set temperature for 400 degrees. Go do other shit for about 15-20 mins. Look at it for the last few minutes to know when it is done. 
  4. Remove from oven and immediately drain bacon on paper towels. 
SO EASY. And hot bacon fat won't pop in your eye like traditional pan frying does. Also, lining with foil makes clean up so simple - you can funnel the bacon fat into a container and save it for later if you want. 

HEARTS: This was not so easy. I first tried cutting one strip of bacon in half and arranging it - not so effective. I also tried with full strips of bacon which was a major fail (didn't even picture it). I had mixed success with my final methodology which was to quarter each strip and then arrange into a heart. The meatier parts of the bacon work way better for this so you might want to just take the fattier parts and lay them flat instead of trying to make them into a heart (see how it shrivels in the top left corner of the fail picture). 

This would be a nice breakfast in bed/Valentine's Day meal. Try it out. Let me know how it works out!


Adorable

Meat Candy

oops


No comments: