Monday, April 21, 2008

On My Way To Incompetent Island

So let's see: Patrick, my old computer, died. I got a new macbook. I don't feel like writing about that.

I have quite a bit of work I have yet to complete and really need to get working on it. Here is an update:

Intro Class: DUE NEXT TUESDAY
Original website pitch - 10-15 page document, 10min polished presentation for VCs
  • 3/10-15 pages complete: I am really not worried, I have a lot to say and hope to double my output by EOD
  • 1/? slides complete: I still have a lot to do on this. I am going to have to be very sharp and polished with this presentation. I am worried.
Tech Class: DUE NEXT WEDNESDAY
Technical or Managerial Presentation: 10 mins
  • 0/? slides complete - This project seems to be very made up. I am considering doing the Technical presentation because it seems easier. You basically pick an arbitrary made up point in development and say what you'd do to get the site live etc. I am slightly worried I will leave this to this last minute and give a shitty presentation
Social Dynamics Class: PRESENTATION DUE NEXT THURSDAY, PAPER ONE WEEK LATER
Original Research Paper: 15-20 page paper with original empirical data, 10ish minute presentation
  • 0/15-20 pages actually completed: I have released my survey out into the world and it is getting responses now. I have my literature review research compiled and notated, I just need to sit down and write it. I plan to tackle that very soon. I cannot really complete anything other than the lit review and the methods until my data collection is complete, I will be working on this paper exclusively after next Wednesday.
  • 0/? slides complete: I will be completing this over the weekend as my presentation is on Thursday.
Continuous Assignments:
  • Reflection Papers: I have one left for both the intro class and the social dynamics class.
  • Reading: all classes.
  • Quiz: Tech Class - one left. I need to do well on because I've faltered a bit on the last two.
  • Participation: ties into readings and having things to say. Counts for a significant portion of all classes.
Finally:
I am having a hard time dealing with my life emotionally. I am working on seeing a professional about it, but we'll see if they think I need help by this Wednesday.
Sorry if I am absent from social life for the next couple weeks. I have a lot to focus on.

No comments: