Saturday, March 8, 2008

Show Me The Money?

Since the fraud on my ATM card happened it has becoming increasingly difficult to escape boredom.

I want to go out and do things. There are a plethora of activities that I'd like to engage in but I just don't have any money to do those things. I can barely afford to drive anywhere with gas prices and my lack of funds. It is crippling.

I have been trying to entertain myself at home with reading and the internets but that isn't all that much fun when my full time job is grad school which requires me to read and be on the internet a shit ton.

And above all else, I feel really guilty having fun when my finances are so out of order. I can't chip in and feel bad if people offer to pay for me. It is a terrible blow to my independence. (Though I love everyone to death for being so nice and concerned) I also feel like I am letting people down. I feel like a huge party pooper when I don't go and a leech when I do.

I am sure Heather will point to a plethora of free things to do in LA etc, but I just can't bring myself to go anywhere when I don't have any money as insurance. My mind is constantly a flurry with worries of "what if?"

No comments: