Sunday, December 4, 2011

Worms, Book Variety

I finished reading a couple books this weekend and now am just waiting for my local branch of library to be open so I can pick up the next two I have on hold. I'll have to wait until after 12:30pm on Tuesday to get 'em.

If you have a chance, I recommend reading I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley. It is a collection of essays and I enjoyed them quite a bit. Some of them were too New York for my California self, but the underlying sentiment relatable. And others still were too "successful person" and "had a job straight out of college" for my "been laid off before and having a job is the new raise" self, but nonetheless enjoyable anecdotes. The essays are easily digested (especially when at the gym or laundromat) & often quite funny.

Here is one of my favorite tidbits from one of the essays:
People are less quick to applaud you as you grow older. Life starts out with everyone clapping when you take a poo and goes downhill from there. If you stop and think about it, it's a miracle that we get out of bed everyday and brush our teeth and remember to buy toothpaste. We all deserve to be congratulated but sadly that would mean there's no one left to do the congratulating.

And finally here is a cat that understands me:


No comments: