Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What is Next?

Some things about my new job:

I sit in a lawn chair and work at a really fancy computer. This makes me lol. 
The hours are strange - 1-8pm: mostly because those are more active hours for people to be online and searching for things to do in the space and still within semi-normal hours for work. 
These hours sort of throw me off... I am more productive in the evenings but at the same time I want to be off work when the rest of everyone is. This is why I am considering not keeping on with this kind of work in the future. 
I am also more motivated to go to the gym after work, but the lyon center hours during the summer preclude that. I guess I will just get fat. But at the same time I end up not eating much more than a snack before I leave (and no breakfast [who eats breakfast anymore?]) and then a soda and snack at work and then a dessert-esque snack after I get home. This is so unhealthy - maybe it will make me thin... lol. 
Real work will start happening next week. I have an orientation session on Monday about the more specific things that I am going to be doing on a day to day basis to get traffic to the site. Hopefully I can achieve the goals they want. 

I don't know if I want to do this with my life in the future. When I am here I think it is okay, when I leave I don't really want to... everything is hard.

I want to do nothing and just go on road trips and blog about them. 

4 comments:

fatpinkchicken said...

Last summer I found I lost like 20 pounds, mostly because I was walking around everywhere, not drinking as much, smoking more, and generally being too angry to eat and skipping a ton of meals, and what I did eat was healthier because in general, it was stuff cooked by my mom for dinner. (Or baby carrots)

I have discovered that I am renewing a bit of that--yesterday I had black coffee and a shredded wheat biscuit for breakfast, I skipped eating my lunch abnd instead just ate the avocado I brought and some raw almonds, and then fell asleep right after my shower when I got home so I missed dinner. But so far no smoking, so yay!

fatpinkchicken said...

Also, for the record, I gained the weight back in the fall thanks to band + large quantities of beer.

Courtney said...

You know what's really hard? Blogging about traveling.

er1n said...

Courtney, you barely like blogging period.