Sunday, May 20, 2012

Caprese Eggs Benedict

Breakfast today was a variation of Eggs Benedict. 

I put a poached egg on top of wheat toast (probably better with an English muffin), prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella and tomato. I topped the whole thing with pesto hollandaise. It was terrific. 


Most of the recipe is pretty self explanatory, but here is how I made pesto hollandaise:

Combine 1/3 cup non-fat buttermilk, 1/3 cup light mayo, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons pesto. Microwave mixture for about 1 minute (until warm) then stir in 1 teaspoon of butter. (recipe adapted from Cooking Light)


Next time I make this, I'll definitely make it with an English muffin (or if I am in a pinch bread-wise again, I'll only make one slice worth). The pesto hollandaise is wonderful and I am going to have to include it in other recipes. 

No comments: