Sunday, April 15, 2012

Guacamole & The Incredible, Edible Egg

What's up there, lemon square!

I took another culinary adventure today. I found this recipe a few days ago and immediately pinned it on Pinterest thinking that I would eventually find the time for it. I spent all week thinking about it so I finally got all the ingredients yesterday and made it!

I didn't really follow the recipe and just kind of guessed based on the pictures. I just added hard boiled egg (discard the yolks) to regular guacamole. It turned out really great. I still have more avocados and might try the recipe to the letter later this week & take it to work for lunch. I will probably forget to post about that so just know that I am thinking about it, haha.

My guac browned a little bit even though I made sure to add lime juice (apparently the acidity is good for flavor as well as keeping it bright green). I ate this with pita chips and eventually just a spoon because it was damn delicious.

The Result!

No comments: