Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dinner Hacking

I kinda failed at grocery shopping the last time I went - didn't really plan out complete meals. So I have been doing some hackery for my dinners recently. Here is my semi successful creation:

Pretty Good! 
I combined chopped, steamed asparagus, wide egg noodles, swedish meatballs and a horseradish-y sauce. For the sauce, I combined light sour cream, prepared horseradish, minced garlic, lemon juice & salt. I love this sauce and make it often (especially for when I grill steak). However, it wasn't quite right for this dish... but whatever. The asparagus and swedish meatballs played well off of each other and I think with the right sauce to bring this all together the dish could be a total success instead of just semi-successful.

Any ideas on what sort of sauce I should make? I suppose next time I could try the sauce that you usually put on a traditional swedish meatballs dish, but it might be nice to mix it up with something different; maybe lemon buttery? Comment with your ideas.

No comments: