Tuesday, August 23, 2011

There is Always (the) Craigslist (killer)

So, as many of you know, I have signed up for my fair share of dating sites in my years. And most recently (i.e. for like 2 years) I have been on OKCupid. It is free which is the main reason I have stuck to it.

I message approximately 1 dude per week. I take my time reading their profile and put together a thoughtful message.

I am direct and open in my responses to the messages I receive as well.

I have had absolutely zero success with this site. I think I have a good summary and some nice photos of myself. I am willing to go out and actually meet people for things (which is something I wasn't really into when I did this when I lived in LA when I think about it honestly). My only victory was to have a good message chain back and forth with a guy and almost get to the point that we were going to arrange to meet until he decided to fall off the face of the earth.

This shit is rough. Maybe I need to be more aggressive and message more guys per week. Or I don't know... more cleavage shots?

advice?

maybe this site only works for the gays...


1 comment:

Jax said...

I have the same problem. I don't really understand how it works. All I know is that when I changed my profile to bi, my traffic went way up and I started actually receiving messages... unfortunately, I'm not really looking for a relationship with a guy.