Monday, April 4, 2011

Inspiration: Miracle

I needed some inspiration so I watched the movie Miracle. Nothing like making yourself feel better with Diet Coke, a couple chocolate truffles and watching America beat communists.

This movie isn't about just the USA v. USSR game in 1980 Olympics. The real story is about not letting the myth or idea of something get in the way of working hard and believing in yourself/your team. It is about preparation and seizing your moment etc etc.

This message is certainly hitting home as I search for a new job. I have been in this position before and it is very easy to become discouraged. This go round I haven't been looking that long but each day that I don't get a measurable result my confidence really takes a hit. I need to keep reminding myself that I am a good candidate and the right fit will come. This job search is particularly complicated/depressing because I am literally 20-something days away from not having a place to live (not true - I'll move in with parents, but still). I am trying not to get bogged down with this looming threat of putting my life on hold and packing up all that I've put together over the last 6 years into storage, but damn is it ever hard.

Do you believe in miracles? YES! (via)

I just have to keep focusing on what I can control and be prepared through hard work for all the possibilities. The boxes have to be packed no matter what because the lease ends, I always knew that.  And life will go on regardless, even if I will be 24/25 living with my parents. Whatever will be, will be.

No comments: