Saturday, July 18, 2009

Celebrity Playlist

iTunes does these nifty little celebrity playlists where the rich and famous get to make a list of their favorite songs and say why and then you can buy the songs so you feel closer to them. I look at these occasionally and judge celebs on their musical taste/maturity... so in the spirit of open communication, here is what I would put (at least right now) on my celebrity playlist if I were rich/famous and iTunes loved me enough (in no particular order):

  • "Junior Kickstart" - The Go! Team - This makes me feel like I can do anything, ever.
  • "Hold On You" - Ponderosa: They have a classic sound that can melt into your soul. They've totally tangled their way into my heart.
  • "Don't Move" - Butch Walker: It is impossible to pick just one song by Butch as my favorite, but this one is particularly meaningful and I just love his music to death. Listen to all of it.
  • "Existentialism on Prom Night" - Straylight Run: More often than not I feel like I would "kill for this just a little bit"
  • "Tech Romance" - Her Space Holiday: Frequently the line "just another film that won't get made" is how my relationships go... and it is a beautiful void.
  • "Come Pick Me Up" - Ryan Adams: Boy has got soul and I love the sentiment of this song.
  • "Red Right Ankle" - The Decemberists: I'd love it if Colin Meloy would write and sing a biographical song about my life. The language would be elegant and the mood, dark yet happy.
  • "Badfish" - Sublime: I feel like this is my criteria for boys: Tell me, are you a badfish too?
  • "Simple Man" - Lynyrd Skynyrd: Southern boys singing all sorts of truth; you cannot go wrong if you follow this advice.
  • "All My Mistakes" - The Avett Brothers: I think I'd like this to play at my wedding or some romantic moment with a man that I love.
  • "Good Year for the Roses" - Elvis Costello: I had a hard time picking which Elvis Costello song to put on this list, but I really like this one because it is soft and delicate.
  • "Okay I believe you but my tommy gun don't" - Brand New: There is a reason my blog is named after this song. "We are never alone"
  • "A Favor House Atlantic" - Coheed & Cambria: I just love to blast this and sing and dance around. Probs not their intention, but whatev.
  • "Whatever You Like" - T.I.: I've said multiple times that I want to have a little recording of this in my pocket to play for people when they ask me questions: "you can have whatever you like"
  • "What Are They Doing In Heaven Today" - Washington Phillips: I have an old recording of this that I rediscovered thanks to the movie Elizabethtown and it just makes me happy.
  • "Tiny Vessels" - Death Cab for Cutie: This reminds me of Jordan and all the reasons why it didn't work and how it is better that way. Lost love, awww.

I can think of like 1000 other songs that I love and would want people to know that I love them. BUT since I can't go on forever and most people don't actually care I will stop here.

No comments: